Journal for week 11/19

This week I once again meditated for 45 minutes. It’s been an extremely stressful week and I’m bone tired. My mind is full of anxiety about school, family, and friends, and I just didn’t have it in me to practice a yoga poses this week. However I don’t think that mediation should be counted out of yoga, because the sitting poses are more traditional than the standing poses. Personally I used to associate yoga with purely postural yoga, but now honestly my favorite kind of yoga is just meditation. The practice itself really relaxed me, as I focused on simply meditating, it was really freeing to just have my mind cleared of all thoughts. Despite this, it took me about 15 minutes to really get into the meditation because so much has been going on. 

The practice space didn’t really matter to me too much honestly, I feel like practicing at home has taken so much out of the class for me. It simply is not the same as it would have been if we’d been able to make real life connections, but that covid and I’m sure as the professor you already know that. However, after the mediation it made me realize that keeping my space clean really helps create a better overall practice space. So if yoga has done one thing for me, i’ve definitely become more tidy. 

I guess what I can definitely get out of this is that yoga really is enhanced by it’s practice space, not necessarily defined by it. I’ve still gotten a lot out of practicing yoga and I think practicing initially at an actual yoga studio as a beginner would have helped my journey tremendously. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog