Blog post for Oct 22

This week I used 1 hour Vinyasa Flow For Flexibility - 60 min Intermediate Yoga by Yoga with Kassandra. I'm not gonna lie, the constant movement in this made me die a little bit inside after finishing the whole hour. I'm so severely out of shape, but I did the whole 60 minutes this time with only one break for water so I'm genuinely really proud of myself. One thing I noticed about this yoga sequence is that it didn't really focus on balance as much as Iyengar and Ashtanga which both have multiple poses that make you stand on one leg and do some very complicated stretches. As stated in the title, its for flexibility and I definitely need to start practicing every day if I want to be able to successfully do all of these poses without having to do an easier version of the pose.

I've noticed that many yoga practices preach of it's healing properties, whether it physical or mental. I've heard that sometime through practice people with spontaneously start sobbing. Others claim that yoga is physical healing, for example in Iyengar, she specifically talked about it being meant as a healing practice. I personally do feel as if yoga is healing, because its exercise on top of meditation. Yet, I think a lot of the time when people say "healing" in terms of yoga, they mean spiritual healing rather than healing outside of the body. 

I believe that people can be healed by yoga, it's actually why I took this yoga class in the first place. I was looking for yoga that might help my back, but I have yet to reap any of the significant benefits of yoga practice. I'm definitely more physically strong from practicing every week, and I really enjoy meditation because I think its important to slow the mind after stressful days. Yet, I have yet to experience anything that I truly think is spiritual healing. I feel like so much of the western yoga we've practiced doesn't have a focus so much in spirituality other then Ashtanga. Maybe I just need more discipline to help me find this path to healing. 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog