Journal for Sep 24th 

Today I followed the video, Total Body Yoga - Deep Stretch, by Yoga with Adrienne. One thing that I noticed with Yoga by Adrienne, is that she doesn't have a set routine like some of the other Yoga practices I've seen like Ashtanaga, which is the same every time. However, that's to be expected out of a home Youtube yoga teacher. I find that classes are clearly more for beginners and people that are getting interested in yoga. 

Despite this, I really enjoyed the stretches that she moved us through throughout the lesson although she didn't always explain the poses she was moving us into. Many of them were basic like table top and downward dog, but those are the kind of stretched that I personally enjoy because it helps stretch out my bag. One thing I dislike about her practices are that they aren't really challenging enough, and its very clear like I stated earlier, that she is for casual yoga practitioners. 

Something that I feel as if I'm missing out on when it comes to yoga is the "ritual space" that is unattainable during times of covid. For me it's really difficult to truly focus my mind on yoga when there are so many aspects of my house that distract me. My cats biting my ankle, my roommate is walking through the apartment with his friends, cars are honking outside. If anything, the lack of a ritual space helps me understand why having a solid ritual space is important for yoga. Being surrounded by a teacher, a class, and an atmosphere that enhances focus and discipline is important for any yoga practitioner. I find it hard to even finish a practice without stopping without these aspects. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog