This week, I decided to do a Youtube yoga class as I figured out a schedule for other yoga classes near me. I decided to follow yoga with Adriene for this, because she has a popular following and also because she was recommended to me by a friend who practices frequently. 

I practiced on her video: "Full Body Flow" and some of the more significant things I noticed is how much easier it must be to follow yoga at an actual studio where I feel more pressured to push myself, and also where the teacher would help me if my posture is wrong. However despite this, Adriene provides a calm voice throughout the video with notes of encouragement. I feel as if her form of yoga is much more physical and westernized compared to some of the more spiritual practices shown in "Enlighten Up" but I expected that from a Youtube yoga instructor. 

During the practice, I had a hard time with balancing my breath with my movements. My balance, flexibility, and strength can all use some work. Throughout this semester, my goal is to improve my overall health, especially my back health. I have moderate scoliosis sometimes I experience back pain, I'm hoping that habitual practice will help strengthen my back so I experience less pain as I get older.


Comments

  1. ok! Yes, Adrienne is quite popular online. She was around before the pandemic, so it will be interesting to compare her to other classes which are flooding the internet. Make sure to provide more description of what went on in the actual class as you continue to journal

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog